Honey with it’s antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties can do so much in improving the appearance of your skin. It also has potent antioxidant functions which can help put off those unsightly signs of aging.
Honey can help with:
- Acne – honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention
- Aging – it’s full of antioxidants, so it’s great for slowing down aging
- Complexion boost – it’s moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow
- Pores – honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
Here are some DIY face masks that can help seize those benefits:
Honey As A Natural Moisturizer
Want that soft and silky skin that feels wonderful to touch? You can have that when you include honey in your beauty regimen. Honey is a natural moisturizer that can help keep the skin hydrated and supple by absorbing and retaining moisture.
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Beat egg yolk in a bowl. Pour olive oil and raw honey. Mix well.
- Spread evenly on your face. Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Honey Against Acne
Milk, lemon and yogurt have excellent cleansing properties. When used in combination with honey this mask works wonderfully on your acne prone skin. This mask will do wonders to fight your acne.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix these together with necessary amount of tepid water to get a paste consistency.
- Apply some of this paste on your face and neck area. Allow it to dry.
- Then top it up with another layer of the paste. Repeat this layering till you use up the complete mixture.
- After 10 to 15 minutes rinse off with warm water.